Skip to main content

Welcome home Minnie!

Let me introduce out news member of the family: Atalanta Corvinus Nobilis, but at home we call her Minnie. This name was given by my 3-year old daughter. She insisted that the puppy must be named like this. And actually on the fist evening with her - I kinda saw that the name Minnie goes well! 
Minnie is a apricot medium poodle girl, born at 24. November 3023. 

First a little background story.
I was looking for specifically female poodle in medium size and in apricot colour, who would be able to do sport with me. Why exactly those criteria? Poodle, because I am allergic to dog/cat/horse hair, so it needs to be non-shedding, but suitable for dog sport (there was also Spanish water doggos and lagottos on the "possible breeds" table);  size and colour is because I just like it and then she is matching with my wheaten terrier :), and it has to be a  girl, because "girls just want to have fuuun", actually, because I dont want my berries to be "marked" in the garden. 
So it was not an easy search at all. I was starting my search from beginning of 2023. To see where there might be possible litters planned. I had some agreements but unfortunately, either no girls nor suitable colour were born...but fortunately, one breeder recommended a born litter with suitable pups! 

And so this led me that in the beginning of February 2024 I fly to Budabest to pick my little puppy!
I was quite nervous, how the travel will be back home with her. 
But she was shockingly amazing! First night at the hotel, slept all night! 
Us arrived at the hotel!
First thing I see when woke up :)
In the morning she peed on the pee mat and eat breakfast. Then we took a taxi to the airport - she stayed at my daughters lap the whole time without any protest!
Waited our flight very nicely, she was observing everything from her nest - she was like a pro! 
Before boarding she went to pee and then I put her to her carrier, where she managed to fell asleep before I was in the plane! And she slept the entire flight. 

in Helsinki airport she came out the carrier, played a bit and when time for the new flight, I put her back to the carrier and she fell again to asleep. Landed in Tallinn. 
Dinner in the airport
She peed/pooped in the airport parking lot and we went to the car and she was with my daughter in the back of the car the next 2h super nicely!  No accident, no cryng.....I was shoked! :)

The we met with the other family members :) She was at  first reserved, but got used to everybody super fast - like in 10 mins she was friends already.
Lulu was very  surprised to see little Minnie (she was about 2.5kg). Lulu was not very sure how to deal with Minnie. 
Minnie slept again the whole night! I have never seen that.

Comments