Skip to main content

RO competition, 10.02.24

Although it was only 2 month passed since the knee surgery, we went to compete. i was in a way forced to do so, because I would like to make my rally obedience trainer exam in the end of march (I cannot choose the time, I have been waiting for it already since last summer). Bu I was told that i need to have a result from the highest RO class. In order to have that I needed to get first in RK4 class first. Since there are not so many competitions then we had to go already to this one with the hopes of a good results to change the class.

Judge Vivian Ainsalu. Place Tallinn

1 course. So no pressure right :) Additionally We were first to start, that was not making me feel comfortable in sense of warming up the dog and having a good vibe with her.

First was jump, where Lulu dropped the bar, -10p.  

2nd-3rd signs were good. But on 4th (315), I looked in the wrong direction and Lulu made an unnecessary spin, -10p.  My bad handling.

-1p from one down that was in too big angle at 9th sign. 

At 11th  sign there was an hesitation, -1p

After that the turn didn't came out well, -3p. And next sign, 360 to right was also too loose, -6p

Next 3steps back, Lulu made again some sort of spin in front of me, -10p.

So all together -30 points from dropped bar and 2 extra spins :) in addition, two other signs that was failed. So, the final result was a failure with 59p, funny was that only one other dog managed to get more points than us in this, so unofficially we got 2nd place :)

2. course. This time I stopped studying the course earlier to have more to with Lulu before the start. I was quite worried about the jump. She still touched the bar, but it didn't fall. Yesss! -1p. The it went quite smoothly. i tried to be clear with my handling. 8th sign was 270 to left. I didn't manage to turn Lulu as tight as she can, so we pumped into each other, -1p. At the last sign, sit-90left-sit, on the turn already i raised my hand and then wondered why Lulu don't sit. i made the hand signal again and it was okay. Still the hesitation cost us -1p

Altogether 97 points and I place and right to change class!!!






Comments