As we cannot participate in IPAC this year, then we decided to go to Janakkala Open as our "big event abroad". It was planned as our last competition in grade 2.
We started our family trip one day earlier to settle in to the camping house at the lake side 15 mins from the competition grounds.
DAY 1
The competition started only in the afternoon, so we spent the first half of the day at the beach:Then it was time to go to the competition, register and get my number
Jumping course (B). Judge Reetta Pirttikoski. Nice course and everything went as planned. Maybe I was a bit careful but it was first time running on that kind of gravelly surface for both of us. We got clean run with speed 5.65 m/s. That gave us 2nd place and ticket to the finals. Jumping course (A). Judge Einari Pekkala. Lot of wraps on the course (5). Only one change of the plan, where I did a rear cross instead of planned blind, but all went well and we had another clean run with speed 4.9 m/s, that placed us again on 2nd place and gave another final ticket :)
Videos of the first day runs:DAY 2
Again our courses started in the afternoon, so we went in the morning for some hours to Puuhamaa amusement- and water-park.Then to competition. Today only agility courses.
Agility (E). Judge Daniel Walz. Very flowy course, with its tricks but fine by us :) I forgot the course for a moment after see-saw, but remembered it it the last moment so it was still okay for the long jump :) Clean run, speed 4.87 m/s and 1st place!
Agility (D). Judge Reetta Pirttikoski. I liked the course a lot, but again forgot that the plan was to blind after see-saw but I baby sitted it and then front crossed in a most clumsy way. Still clean run, speed 4.85 m/s and 1st place!
Agility (C). Judge Åsa Emanuelsson. First time in indoors. It was a bit more difficult than average A2 level. I planned flick on 5th obstacle, but positioned myself not well on the 4th. That resulted me pushing Minnie on the 5th. DSQ. Now I realised than I should have done blind after 4th. Second challenging moment was after dog-walk 14-16. Because i had to break after dog-walk, Minnie jumped the contact. And then I was off the good line when Minnie exited the tunnel, so she got also off the line. Videos from the second day:
DAY 3
We spent again the morning at the beach. Around 14, we went to the competition ground, because the day started with the final.
Final. Jumping. The course had many traps and need for layering. My domino effect towards dsq started already after the startline, where i front crossed not like planned but much more clumsily :) This put stress on me and I did not layer in sending Minnie to the tunnel but ran along, and in addition to this I did not stop to call her. So she went straight to the next tunnel. DSQ. Anyway my plan for handling this was flawed. I should have plan to do the flick. That might have worked, but I was too afraid to do the flick because of the last day agility course. BUT after that moment we did good. All the other plan worked well! I was happy for that.
Jumping (G). Judge Marko Kivihalme. That was difficult course, for me even more difficult than the final one. Here I was late to handle the 3rd jump. So Minnie jumped but turned to the wrong side, which made me change my plan to layer one tunnel and I had to run with her, but this caused Minnie to take long-jump that was just after the tunnel end, instead of the slalom. DSQ. So again this kind of a domino effect. Minnie also slipped and fell in one point because of my late handling. But I was not sure of handling the obstacles 11-13. There was may traps and need for change of hands anyway.
Jumping (F). Judge Einari Pekkala. Minnie was quite tired already and had some belly issues on top of it. But it was not that full of traps course and we managed well. Clean run, speed 5.16 m/s and 1st place!
Jumping (H). Judge Einari Pekkala. It was already quite late and I think everyone was tired. The course was very good and runny :) We finished strong. Clean run, speed 5.23 m/s and 1st place!
Videos from the second day:
Additionally, I won Janakkala jumping obstacle :)
DAY 4
To finish the mini family trip we spent all Monday in Linnamäki amusement park :)


1.jpg)
1.jpg)






1.jpg)
1%20(2).jpg)
1%20(1).jpg)

1.jpg)
1.jpg)
1.jpg)
1.jpg)




