Skip to main content

RO competitions in March

 In march, 2 competitions were planned. First time RK4 class.

First competition was 17.03.24 near Tallinn. Judge Anu Oks.

Lulu had good mood. Starting course she was more distracted than usually. Already at 3rd sign I had to ask for sit two times. The distracted spirit was with us. I did also some mistakes with handling. 

But we got from 6 signs -10. Up to 4 of those were due to my handling/mistakes but only one were I screwed up (did extra step), rest of 3 on the side that I should have been more careful at my handling and maybe it could have been better... ; 2 were completely on Lulu, was distracted and did not go to down). Plus extra -10 because I took lulu to the wrong side. 5 signs were done with some mistakes. But on the bright side we did 7 signs without any mistakes :). Unfortunately there weren't much points left, only 15. 

I don't know whether I did so many mistakes in handling because Lulu was so distracted and i got lost because of it..or was Lulu so distracted because I was not prepared properly and did a bad job? The more time goes by, the more I start to think that my mentality was setting up Lulus one...

For the second course I tried to prepare better myself and also Lulu, that she wouldn't be so distracted. Now, I think I did a good job with handling, I really tried my best, except one sign that I forgot...one -10 from there. But other wise we didn't loose any more points from my side. All the other minuses were coming from Lulus refusing to sit/down. it costed us 52 points. Added my forgetting one sign, left us only 38 points in the end. Only 4 signs without any minus points. 

Here is video of us that contains some parts of us:


Needless to say that I was devastated. I was not prepared for this at all. All the training went very nice..also the last competition were excellent. It was quite clear that something is messing up Lulu. Why she do not sit or lay down? 

I didn't had any other explanation than her knees. Did something happen in the past few weeks that I didn't notice?

Quite honestly 2 days prior the competition, she was holding her right leg up when dinking, after playing with Minnie. So  I let her rest without Minnie the all day next day (the day before competition) hoping that this helps. 

And she was in the car/cage 6h prior the second course - being out only for 2 short walks and 1 course...so maybe in total 30mins. And her last librela shot was 1 month ago....maybe all this was to blame...

The next competition was already in 6 days...that seemed scary. Especially that after we got back home, she was not looking good. She was just standing and breathing heavily. She had 10h in the car behind her. 

2 days after the competition and 4 days before the next one she got her 2 librela shot. Vet looked at her and saw that lying down was difficult. We booked a new appointment to get pictures done.

Meanwhile, I hoped that the librela will work for the weekend. I also did not do ant training nor walks.  

So on 23.03.24 were competition in Tartu. No long time being in the car and I was 3rd in start line. She was in a good mood. And then this happened: 


She never sniffs..like never. And now..to me its clear sign of avoidance.....after 3 signs i stopped. It was obvious that she is not at her best abilities. So I took her straight home and didn't event try on the second course. This time i was more prepared that this can happen so i was not disappointed. 

Now we wait for the vet appointment :(

Comments